•Written by Administrator•
••Monday•, 20 •September• 2010 21:46•
If there is righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty in the character,
If there is beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the family home.
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation.
When there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
|Purpose of The Sisterhood
1. To further propagate the cause of Islam
a. by continuously studying and applying knowledge gained through study of Al-Islam. (Hadith: The seeking of knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim, male and female. Al-Quran: Sura 96, ayyat 1-5.)
b. by not hesitating to speak and act in accordance with the truth (Al-Quran: Sura 33 ayyat 70-71; 35-36)
2. To be the figurative backbone of the Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood
a. by the demonstration of self-respect, respect for our men, our fellow sisters, and the ideals and leadership of the Mosque;
b. by functioning within the community with enthusiasm;
c. by understanding and cooperating with the direction of leadership irrespective of individual inconvenience.
3. To make a feminine contribution to Islam and to the Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood
a. by maintaining the home in an organized and neat manner;
b. by developing and maintaining in the home an atmosphere conducive to spiritual growth through maintaining salat in the home during the absence of a male or mate
through the consumption of foods healthy for the body and mind through the predominant playing of recordings of Quranic recitation, dhikrs, etc.
c. by educating ourselves and our children in proper Islamic etiquette (i.e., adab) and Islamic jurisprudence with regards to the mathhab (i.e., the Islamic school of juristic thought) and ideological direction of the Mosque;
d. by always being aware of the time, place, and circumstance and acting accordingly as Muslimat and responsible members of the Sisterhood.
4. To render mutual assistance and/or aid, whether spiritual, mental, emotional, or physical;
5. To be a help-mate to our men, whether husbands or brethren in the faith;
6. To set up programs or departments that are designed to further the cause or credibility of Islam, our mosque, our community, or Muslims in general;
7. To work for the erecting and establishing of installations and institutions for the education, guidance, and service of Muslims;
8. To institute programs designed to build bridges of understanding between the non-Muslim population within our contact.